Friday, August 12, 2011

His first overnight...

Tonight, Adam and I are going to a concert and James is going to spend his first night away from home without mom and dad.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous.  James will be with Adam's dad and step mom and I fully trust them (ok, her...) to take care of him, but still I'm nervous.  I try very hard to not be too overprotective, to walk the line of being close enough without hovering.  Since James hasn't been away before, I do have a hilarious page full of instructions about his lunch, dinner, bedtime, and breakfast routines.  Luckily, James is a pretty go with the flow kind of guy, so I'm not really worried about that.  Although we both work, Adam and I are very hands on parents and its going to be very odd to not have him at home.  I know that it will be good for us to have some adult time and I am very excited for an evening with my husband!  Now if we could just find a dog sitter as well.... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment