Tuesday, November 8, 2011

17 month milestones

Time is flying, I can believe my little boy is growing so quickly!  And if we can get adjusted to the time change, he might just make it to 18 months!

Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
Uses six words regularly
James uses at least 6 words regularly, but I had to ask Adam to double check on this one.  He has said a lot of words, but I don't know what counts as regular.  Also, right now he's learning so many other skills that talking has taken a bit of a back burner.  But he uses hi, bye, dada, mama (referring to the dog, he calls me something that sounds similar...  I am chopped liver.), spoon, tummy, ball, bowl, thank you and still my favorite - UH OH!
Enjoys pretend games

Yes, Adam and James visit all kinds of pretend places that I am just not privy too.  I'm sure this will only continue in the future.
Likes riding toys
James' ride on toys are some of his favorites!  Hopefully next summer we can take them all outside, like we were hoping to this summer.  While he played outside some, James doesn't like to crawl on the grass that much and walking took longer than anticipated.  Oh well, such is life.


Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
Feeds doll
He doesn't really do this, I mean, he feeds the dog a lot and I think that's pretty close to a doll.  He has some stuffed animals and action figures, but no dolls really, so I'm not sure he would have had the chance to feed a doll.  Unless he does at daycare, where there are more toys than you could imagine.
Speaks more clearly
We are getting there, most of the time Adam and I can understand him enough to know what he wants.  His speech has definitely improved, but again, I'm sure it will continue to in the coming months.
Throws a ball underhand
Yes!  Playing with Mac, his super best friend, is one of his favorite things, including throwing a ball for him underhand and overhand.  And I'm still worried about our valuables...


Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
Dances to music
James can boogie, that is for sure.  The kids at daycare often have dance parties and if I'm watching Palladia, he will get up and wiggle along with the beat.  Its pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Sorts toys by color, shape, or size
Not that I can really tell.  If by sort you mean, dump a whole container over and then walk away, then yes.  
Kicks ball forward

I don't think this has happened intentionally that I have seen, he prefers throwing balls to kicking them, so maybe he'll be a baseball player not a footballer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment