1. You sing along with all the songs (ex. “In and out, in and out, that’s what dump trucks all about”, “Now it’s time to Annie Ooo, Annie Annie Oooo, Ooo, Oooo, Ooooo.” You may even start to sing the songs while you’re away from your child, which may be rather embarrassing in the middle of a conference call at work.
2. You pick out the characters from The Land Before Time in a set of dinosaur magnets and have a long discussion with your husband about the fact that they changed the name for a Brontosaurus and whether Spike was a Stegosaurus or an Ankylosaurus. (Spike was totally a Stegosaurus… duh…)
3. You have specific toys that you hide because you can’t stand them anymore. See my post on toys that I hate.
4. You want to play with the toy more than your child does and get upset when he does a tornado through your newly set up barnyard train set (not that this really happened or anything…. *cough*)
5. You refer to the stuffed animals by names that you, not your child, have given them.