Friday, September 23, 2011

Poop

Poop is a part of any parent's daily life.  When they're little (and sometimes when they're bigger) there are poop explosions that leak out of diapers and onto every inch of your baby's body.  When they start solid foods, you note the changes in consistency and wonder how often you should be giving them prunes.  And when they're old enough, you potty train.  I never thought about how much my parents knew about my bowels until James came along.  Okay, I could said that about almost any facet of parenting, I never knew what my own parents went through, but you know, poop is kind of taboo to discuss after potty training.  The other thing that no one really tells you is that sometimes you change a diaper and that smell stays with you all day.  Its just burned into your nose.  Today was one of those days.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Those are the worst kind of days! I have them more often then not. Luke's diaper, not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it just lingers! This morning, when James got up, Adam says to him "Are you going to walk soon? We really have got to potty train you." Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete