Monday, October 22, 2012

The Big Boy Room

Last night, James slept in his twin bed in his big boy room.  He didn't make a big deal when Adam put him to bed.  He went down at 7:15 for about 10 hours.  He's been waking up so early lately, I am hopeful that he gets back to his 7 AM wake ups some day.  That might be wishful thinking, as he's been on this schedule for a couple of weeks now.  Either way, I'm proud of James for being such an adaptable big boy!  He didn't even fall out of the bed or come wake us up in the middle of the night!  In fact, he cries for us to come get him out of his bed, even though he could do it on his own, which is kind of silly.  But I will take that over middle of the night visits.
So it looks like James will be sleeping in there from now on.  Adam put some of his work clothes in the nursery closet for now, but I'm going to make some space for him in mine.  I'm not using my closet right now anyway because all of my maternity clothes are in a tub by one of the dressers.  Its very classy.  I think I'm going to put some of my very littlest clothes in storage and that should free up some space.  One day, maybe I'll even fit into them again.  That might be more wishful thinking.
Moving the rest of James' things into the big boy room will check off a bunch of items on my "Stuff to do before the baby comes" list.  Luckily, that's not a lot, since he doesn't spend a lot of time in there, just his toy box and the rest of his clothes from the closet.  We do need to move a chest out of the big boy room.  It came from Adam's grandmother (against my wishes!) and is VERY heavy. It would probably kill any child that got stuck in it.  That's not even an exaggeration.  Adam can't move it on his own and I am unable to help at this point.  If we ask his dad for help, I am sure we will just get a guilt trip for not keeping the damn thing, so we'll see who we can sucker into helping move it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment