Friday, September 21, 2012

24 weeks

Baby Boy is now the size of a cantaloupe.  He has been kicking away lately!  Yesterday, Adam even felt a kick!  It seems like it was around this time that he felt James also, but I am amazed at how quickly time is flying.
Lately, I have been sleeping well.  Sometimes I wake up to pee and sometimes I wake up with sore hips, but overall it hasn't been too bad.  I know that soon I won't be sleeping at all, so I have been trying to take advantage while I can.  When James nap on the weekends I sneak in a little rest and Adam has been good about making sure I go lay down when I have the chance.
In other news, I managed to shed 2 pounds since I started tracking my calories, so that is a good thing.  I am not quite sure how that will go for the duration of the pregnancy, but tracking calories has helped with my blood sugars too.  Sugary snacks are high in calories, so I haven't been having a lot of them!  My sugars have been looking good, I faxed some numbers in yesterday and no adjustments were made to my dosages (which is kind of a miracle at this stage).
Next week we have the baby's fetal echo cardiogram and  growth ultrasounds to look forward to.  My mom is going to go with me, so I'm excited for her to see the little guy.  Adam is taking a few days off work, due to the crazy Ravens schedule (night home games on Sunday and Thursday?!  Who makes the schedule?), but it will be nice to have him around more.
James transitioned into his big boy bed this week.  We actually just took the crib rail down and left him in his room for now.  I am hoping that the transition into a twin bed, in his new room, will go as smoothly, but we will see.  We still need to buy a bed rail, as well as new linens for the twin beds, so we'll probably make the move into his new room sometime next month.  I am always amazed at how James tends to go with the flow.  He never took a pacifier, gave up his bottle with no issue, and now is out of his crib.  I hope that he can continue to go with the flow when his little brother arrives.  Almost everyday he rubs my tummy and gives his baby brother kisses, yesterday he even tried to give his sippy to my stomach.  I held onto it and told him little brother wasn't thirsty, but he was sweet for sharing.  That made both of us smile!

0 comments:

Post a Comment