Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another one (or 2)?

James is sick again.  Rhonda called me on Tuesday afternoon and let me know that he woke up from his nap with pink eye.  I'm not sure when he managed to contract the pink eye, but he woke up with two clear eyes on Tuesday morning and by the afternoon had a raging case of pink eye in both eyes.  We went to the pediatrician and learned that he also has a double ear infection.  Because clearly, the pink eye was not enough.  As with his previous ear infection, James gave no indication that his ears were hurting.  We are thinking that perhaps his previous infection didn't clear up and this ear infection is just a flair up.  I didn't even think to make a follow up appointment after we went to Patient First on the 1st, so I guess I have learned my lesson!
James is on eye drops 3 times a day for 5 to 7 days and the antibiotic, augmentin, twice a day for 10 days.  The augmentin is pretty strong stuff and causes all kinds of tummy problems.  So yesterday, while I was busily chasing my child around, I also made a stop at the CVS and got some children's probiotic.  Hopefully this helps his stomach from being so upset and he will get his appetite back.
James is back to daycare today, after being home with mom yesterday.  He was a wild man, running around, body slamming the dog, and experimenting with turning the living room lamp on and off (and on and off again.  And again.)  And as bad as it sounds, I was relieved to drop him off this morning.
We go back to recheck his ears in 2 weeks and I'm hoping this time they stay clear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment