Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2 year olds are crazy

So every now and then I like to state the obvious.  Today it is this fact: Two year olds are crazy.  Not even crazy bad all the time, just crazy.  They say silly things, run around like maniacs, and change their minds all the time.  I've had the pleasure of spending the last four days at home with James, the last two of which have been mainly by myself.  We honestly had a great time, we ran errands, saw my mom and step dad, and went to my doctor's appointment.  James is very well behaved and he didn't get a timeout the entire time.  He was warned a few times, but never followed through with the bad behavior to end up in timeout.  The boy is a ball of energy.
I envy his energy, but more than that, I love his heart.  Even when he's running around, being wacky, he still stops every now and then to give his mom a hug.  He saunters over, leans his head on me, and says "Oh, mommy" in this cute voice.  He likes to play, but he also likes to cuddle and give kisses.  I can't imagine how I will feel when one day this ends, when he's embarrassed that his mom could possible want a hug, and he realizes that cuddling is just so not cool.  For now, I'm going to enjoy my snuggly boy and try not to think about it too much.
While Adam was away, James did a really great job of playing independently.  He would pull out a book and flip through it or line up his Matchbox cars and keep himself pretty entertained.  I was proud of myself that I only put him in front of Sesame Street on Sunday evening so that I could cook dinner.  I know that I can take care of the two of us on my own, but I certainly welcomed Adam's return this afternoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment