Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

Wow, another weekend has come and gone and this one was particularly busy for our family!
We spent Father's Day weekend with as many fathers as we could get our hands on.  On Saturday, we went hiking with Adam's dad and other various family members and on Sunday we went to see my mom and stepdad.  James had a fairly good time hiking with the family, although he was very tired and grumpy around mid-day.  He took a snooze in the stroller on the way back to the car and was back to his perky self in a few short minutes.  Sunday, James also had a great time, hanging out with Grandma, Poopaw, and Bailey dog.  Poor Bailey, I never know if he loves kids or hates them, but he always comes back for more "love".  For some reason, maybe because my mom's living room is bigger than ours, James always does this funny run and jump game when hanging out with Grandma.  He also knows that Poopaw is never short on snacks and managed to eat several varieties of cookie.  What are Poopaws for, if not handing out sugary snacks?
After bedtime for James, I called my own dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day.  It sounded like his day was full of manual labor, but around his place that is no surprise!  I like to think I would enjoy living in the country as he does, but really, I think I'm much to lazy to keep up such a large piece of property.  I will take my row home in the suburban sprawl for now.
In other news, we are looking for a new light weight/umbrella stroller.  After hiking this weekend, I've determined that ours is too short.  At the mall or for other short trips, this isn't a problem, but hiking with a too short stroller caused a lot of lower back and leg pain the next day.  Unfortunately, I think this is going to mean spending a bit more money, but I will see what I can find.

0 comments:

Post a Comment