Thursday, June 7, 2012

Almost there

Tomorrow is James' second birthday!  I am still in shock at how quickly 2 years can pass.  I know there are still difficult times to come, we'll be entering the 2's and 3's and doing it with a second baby, but with James, the sleepness nights and baby phase are now completely over.  I would do it all again in a second, but that is neither here nor there.
Some of my favorite things about James are his sense of humor, his laughs, his smiles, and the way he will almost always cuddle.  Right now, one of his favorite games is "Kitty".  He will ask me to lay down on the couch, then curl up in a ball next to me, just like he sees the cats do.  Being pregnant and exhausted, I think this game is awesome.  Sure kid, we can play "Kitty" one more time.  I love that he loves our animals, I love that he constantly wants to be outside and running, I love that I'm his mom.
While I'd been warned of the challenges of being a parent and making a new family dynamic work, I think I wasn't "warned" enough about the love that was coming.  Even though various parents tried to explain it to me before James came, there really is no way to describe a parent's love.  Its an all encompassing, brilliant, amazing kind of love.  Its the kind of love that makes you not care about being awake all night or being exhausted all day.  The kind of love that you know will never fade, but grow larger every single day.
Becoming a mom made me kind of like the Grinch, my heart grew three times that day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment