Friday, June 15, 2012

10 weeks and Doctors' updates

This week the baby is as big as a prune says thebump.com!  I saw another website that compared the baby to a kumquat, but I can't say that I really know how large a kumquat is...  



Yesterday, I went to both my endocrinologist and OB for 10 week check ups.  Everything is going well, as it should be and I even got to see the little prune!  Luckily, the baby is starting to look less like a prune and more like an actual human!  The little arm and leg nubs are very cute and the baby's heart rate was 182, right within the normal range.  I let the doctor know we have officially decided not to try a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean) and will be scheduling a C-section.  Since 10 weeks seems like a good milestone, I figured I'd do this little questionnaire from another website.


How far along? 10 weeks


Total weight gain? Around 3 to 4 pounds right now, nothing too big and knowing me, probably water weight fluctuation.
Sleep: Hasn't been great, we're still working out my insulin pump settings, so I've been getting up to eat in the middle of the night.
Best moment this week?  Having good doctors' appointments and getting to see the little baby!
Movement? Nothing that I can feel.
Food cravings? Nothing yet really, although I always kind of crave junk food.  
Labor signs? No and that is a good thing.
Belly button in or out? In, I don't really look that pregnant yet, just kind of bloated.
What I miss? Eh, nothing really.  
What I’m nervous about? Going to the doctor's makes me nervous about how long I will actually be carrying this baby and really hoping that it is long enough to avoid a NICU stay.  Also having some fears about a second baby and making sure James gets the attention he needs while caring for a newborn.  I know James will be a great big brother, but all 2 year olds have their moments and my boy is no exception.
What I’m looking forward to? Finding out if we are having a boy of a girl (in 8.5 weeks!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment