Saturday, December 31, 2011

A trip to Little Phoenix

Last night for dinner we stopped by our favorite Chinese restaurant, Little Phoenix.  The restaurant is right across the street from where I worked when I was a Private Investigator, so we've been eating there for about 6 years now.  In that time they've only had 2 waiters, so I feel like they know us fairly well.  James hadn't been to eat there since he was about 6 months old, usually Adam and I go there on Mondays for lunch when Adam works from home.  James had a nice time, he really enjoyed eating the crispy noodles they set out and talking to the waiter.  And by talking I mean saying "bye" every time he walked away from the table.  James was pretty funny, he kept putting his sippy cup into the tea cups on the table.  It actually fit perfectly in there, making him squeal with happiness.  Adam had sweet and sour chicken and I had the spicy crispy chicken.  We ordered James some french fries, but he was more interested in the noodles on the table and the pineapple from Adam's dinner.  Overall it was a nice meal, we were the only ones in the dining room for most of it, so James could laugh and squeal without bothering anyone.  The funniest part of the meal was at the end, when James was eating my broccoli.  The stem was a little stringy, but he kept at it and eventually got most of it down.  Yes, he loves broccoli, so maybe he's not my kid after all!
Today Adam, James and grandpa John are visiting with Adam's grandma Theresa in the nursing home.  James has been feeling a little bit under the weather, so hopefully he isn't too grumpy while he's visiting.  I had a very productive morning alone, taking down all the Christmas decorations and cleaning the house.  We don't have any plans for New Year's Eve tonight, I'm sure we'll just hang out at home and go to bed at our regular time.  We lead an exciting life, I tell ya!

1 comment:

  1. Any post that has the phrase "when I was a Private Investigator" tossed in towards the beginning has me sitting up in my chair -- That's quite exciting enough in my book! And some day when James is around 14 years old and thinking that maybe his mommy is just a teeny bit dull, you can trot that piece of info out. You should easily be fixed for
    "coolness" for at least another two years!

    Happy New Year to you, Adam and James (and you may tell him that his Oma in California loves broccoli too).

    ReplyDelete