Thursday, December 1, 2011

Weigh In and Illness

I weighed in yesterday at 219, so I didn't gain or lose.  Since it was Thanksgiving, I am giving myself a pass.  At least I didn't gain anything, and I am back on top of things this week.  Not that I wasn't on top of things last week, I counted all my points, but there were a lot of points to be counted!
James is getting over his cold nicely, we decided on Monday to start him on antibiotics, just in case there was an infection brewing.  He had a bit of a fever a few times over the weekend, so we wanted to be sure that he wasn't getting more sick.  James was very sweet to his mother, he kindly shared his cold.  I haven't been feeling great the last few days - sore throat, congestion, and a cough.  Since we diabetics are super lucky, there are very few cold medications that we're allowed to take.  I've done my share of experimenting with that in the last 15 years, so I've narrowed it down to what is really bad (Nyquil and Dayquil both make me hallucinate like crazy and NO its not as fun as it sounds) and what isn't so bad (like Theraflu and Sudafed).  Yesterday was my telecommute day, so while I wasn't the most productive, I got some rest.  I woke up this morning feeling better and am hoping this continues!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it continues too. Glad you are feeling better : )

    ReplyDelete