Monday, July 30, 2012

The last week

James has been sick for about a week now.  Between a high fever (104* at some points) and sore throat, to be closely followed by a very runny nose and cough, my little guy was kind of a mess for awhile.  He seems to be doing better this morning, but his nose and cough are still bothering him a bit.  While I try not to take daycare for granted, being home with a sick toddler is not for the faint at heart.  He is stubborn, head strong, and moody (not unlike his mother, ha!).  Add in some sickness and he's even grumpier, not in the mood to eat, and clingy to boot.
Okay, now I'm done complaining.  I really do feel bad for the little guy, I would take all his ills if I could, but it doesn't work that way.  Hopefully he will continue to feel better, at least for his parents' sake.
Tomorrow is our annual trip to pediatric cardiology, so that should be interesting.  This year I'm not nearly so amped up about it as much as I'm dreading having to hold James still for his echo.  The child barely holds still for a diaper change.  But they usually play a movie, so hopefully his love of "Melmo" will help some.  Wish us luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment