Friday, July 27, 2012

16 weeks

This week the baby is as big as an avocado.  Which seems weird to me, because in my head, avocados are smaller than navel oranges, but I will go with what thebump.com says.
In two more weeks, we'll hopefully find out if we're having a boy or girl.  And four weeks after that we'll have a fetal echo done on the baby's heart. Hopefully this little peanut does not have the same heart murmur as their big brother.
The statistics say that the chance of another heart defect baby is only 2 - 3%, but those stats are for non-diabetic mommies.  Although, the reason behind James' heart defect may have been elevated blood sugar in the first 7 weeks, my A1C (an average of your blood sugar for 4 to 6 weeks) during that time was around 7%.  The first month of my pregnancy this time had my A1C around 6.7%, so we'll see if that 0.3% really makes a difference.  James' VSD could also be a fluke and not have anything to do with his diabetic momma.
This pregnancy is definitely reminding me that I don't ever want to do this again.  I have been fairly uncomfortable and having a terrible time sleeping lately.  My brain has been having a very difficult time turning itself off, which is funny, because I wasn't nearly so stressed with James.  After Adam and I ran down our finances for the 87th time and I was assured that we weren't going to be homeless, I was just excited to meet my little boy.  This time I am not stressed about finances, per se, just trying to wrap my head around the fact that I will need to give 100% of my attention to two little creatures.  I'm sure we will get it all sorted out in no time, but right now its scary.  I want to do the right things for James, not transition him out of his crib too soon, not move his bedroom too soon, not pressure him to potty train, and overall just not force him to grow up too quickly simply because we have another baby coming.  I can't imagine if he was any younger, I think the two under two crowd might be on drugs, because that is just madness to me.  So there's my vent for the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment