Friday, January 25, 2013

N-E MORE

James has a new buzz word - anymore.  Although the way he says it is more like N-E MORE.  I know kids often do this thing where they choose a word and use it to death.
James uses the word often and usually its to exert his own will.  He will not do something anymore, as though he's been doing it for so long that he can't fathom doing it again.
Some examples, you say?
"I not use a spoon ANYMORE." (Side bar: He tested his mother on the spoon thing on the wrong day, choosing instead to eat his blueberry applesauce with his fingers.  "I use fingers, mommy."  That evening he did NOT watch Dora the Explorer OR play with the iPad.  In fact, I told him it was fine with me if he didn't do either ANYMORE.)
"I not go to Rhonda's ANYMORE."
"I not wear a coat ANYMORE."
You see where I'm going with this.  He's a character and he wants to do what he wants to do.  Join the club, kiddo.  While I think I will be happy when this anymore phase ends, maybe I should see what his next word is before making that decision.

0 comments:

Post a Comment