Monday, April 29, 2013

Big brother

I feel like I haven't been updating on James very much lately, so I will take some time to give an update on the big brother.
Everyday, James amazes me with his wit and intellect.  I know I'm his mom, so I'm supposed to think he's smart and extraordinary, but maybe other's think that too?  Rhonda always tells me that James is pretty mature for his age.  He's very clear when he speaks and lets you know exactly what he wants.
James loves going to daycare and loves that Baby Logan goes with him.  When he was sick a few weeks ago and I kept him home, but sent the baby to daycare, you would have thought the world had ended.  James is a helpful big brother, but doesn't get overly involved.  He likes to help pick out Logan's clothes and buckle him into the car seat.  He likes to kiss the baby and show him toys that he's playing with.  I have a feeling things are going to get dicey soon, as Logan begins to move around more.
James is still fluctuating between wanting to be a big boy and wanting to be a baby and I can certainly see why.  Being a baby is kind of awesome, you hang out in a diaper and get fed and snuggled.  But we try to remind James of all the perks of being a big boy - eating marshmallow cereal (Lucky Charms to the rest of the world) and playing outside are his favorites right now.
We've let up on potty training James for now.  He's obviously not ready and I'd rather not cause him too much psychological damage at such an early age.  We'll try again in a few weeks and see if he's more receptive too it.  Summer is coming and we're hoping some naked time will help with potty training.
Even though he's a busy kid, always running around and making a mess, James is such a good boy.  He amazes me everyday, just when I feel especially fed up with "threenage" attitude, he'll come over and ask mom for a hug.  He's always been an affectionate kid and will still sit in my lap to watch cartoons on Saturday mornings.
So that's James right now, just a few weeks shy of being three years old.  I can hardly believe it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment