Friday, March 8, 2013

Gas Drops

Yesterday I gave in and went to buy some gas drops and gripe water.  Adam put the drops in Logan's 4:30 PM bottle, the bottle right before his usual 2 hour freak out.  He didn't so much as fuss once during the 2 hours.  Or all night, for that matter.  He was tooting up a storm, so the gas drops seemed to help with the pain and extreme discomfort he was feeling.
I never really gave a lot of thought to gas drops.  I've read several studies that rated their effectiveness equally with a placebo and my pediatrician echoed those thoughts.  I do have several mommy friends who swear by them.  I figured they couldn't really do any harm and desperation sent me over the edge.  But they worked.  And if they didn't work, they pretended to work, which is good enough for me.
Overall Logan had a good night.  He still didn't sleep more than 3 hours at a time, but I can deal with that.  We did make the effort to have him sleep in his room all night, which went well.  He must have been really happy in there, because every time he woke up, he was cooing and giggling and just pleased as punch to be in his room.  Adam has one more week at home, so we're going to be working very hard to get a routine going.  And I am hopeful that the routine will make Logan sleep better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment