Monday, June 3, 2013

Time Flies

The last few weeks have really flown by, mainly because we've been so busy every single weekend!  By the time the weekends are done, we're onto another week and I barely have time to think, let alone write a blog post.
Over the last month or so we've gone to a birthday party, Orioles game, Mother's Day at Grandma Dee Dee's house, graduation party, graduation ceremony, and memorial service.  We still have James' birthday, our anniversary, and Father's Day to get through.  Then it seems we're right into July and the 4th!  It really is amazing how fast things are moving.
Over Memorial Day weekend, James got sick, which lead to Adam and I getting sick.  That took us all a few days to get over, luckily Logan managed to avoid the stomach bug.  The poor baby did have his first ear infection, there was lots of screaming, but the antibiotics seem to be doing their job.
As I mentioned, James' birthday party is this weekend.  I'm very excited, we're going to the Petting Zoo/Pumpkin Patch.  There will be face painting, pony rides, a hay ride and visiting with all the farm animals.  I hope it goes well, as we've never had a party with other children!  We are expecting 10 kids and there is still a ton to do to get ready for the party - shopping, making cupcakes, and getting the favors squared away.  At least we're just ordering pizza to be delivered, otherwise I would have even more to worry about.
I can't believe my little baby is almost 3 years old.  I am so lucky to be his mom, and he is so lucky I love him terribly, because this independent, head strong toddler has been testing his mother a lot lately.  He knows how to push buttons and test his limits.  I think he gets it from his dad.  Either way, I have been working on my patience and self control more than ever.
Yesterday, we did a huge toy clean out in our living room.  We got rid of broken things, moved age appropriate items to Logan's room, and took down the Pack N Play.  As silly as it is (and as happy as I was to have things organized) I cried as we reminisced about James' old toys.  There were toys we thought he'd love forever, now cast aside for more "grown up" Legos and action figures.  At least now there will be room for the pile of toys he's bound to get for his birthday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment