Thursday, June 6, 2013

Brotherly Love

James loves his baby brother and its quite obvious that Logan is just as enraptured with James.  While James is pretty hands off with Logan, he does help buckle his car seat, get diapers, and make bottles ("Two scoops, Mom!").  Before bed, James gives baby a hug and kiss and says good night.  He makes sure to be quiet if Logan is falling asleep and likes to whisper, "Good night, Baby Logan".  When he's awake, Logan smiles at James nonstop, reaches for him, and occasionally tries to grab whatever extremity might be available.  James always says that Logan is trying to tickle him.
This morning, I was making my coffee while the boys were in the living room.  Logan was rolling around on the floor when I left, but when I got back James was with him.  They were laying on their tummies, facing each other.  As I walked in the room, I notice that James had grabbed Logan's hand.  He looked up at me and said, "Mom, we're holding hands!"  James was so excited about it and Logan had a huge grin.  I know there will be jealousies, problems with sharing, and fights, but I really love seeing my boys so happy together.  It  also helps that if James is in the room, Logan is probably not screaming for me and I can make my coffee a little bit more quickly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment