Monday, February 25, 2013

Here we go again

So here I am - 30 years old, a mother of 2, and committed to being done with having kids.
To be honest, I'm a little sad about not having more kids.  I would love to have a little girl to buy lots of pink crap for.  But three kids is more than my body and our family budget can handle (not to mention more than my sanity can handle!).  Even before my blood pressure spiked and lead to a Pregnancy Induced Hypertension diagnosis, my team of doctors let it be known that I should probably be done with two.  And I agree.  But I digress.
For the last three and a half years I've been trying to conceive, pregnant, a new mom, a working mom, trying to conceive again, and pregnant (again).  I've let that be an excuse to not diet, with some exception when I lost around 10 - 15 ish pounds in the fall of 2011.  Losing that weight was kind of silly really, I gained back 12 pounds during the 4 months we were trying to conceive Logan (oops).
But I have no more excuses at this point.  Its time to lose the weight once and for all.  Beyond weight, its time to be healthier and take care of myself.  So really its more than weight loss, its trying to live a better, healthier lifestyle.
Does it feel like I've written this entry before?  I sound like a broken record, like an addict that wants another drink, but in some ways, food is my addiction.  That might be over stating it some, but I clearly have some food issues.  I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm bored.  I eat to reward myself.  For example:  There's a Chic-Fil-A next to the Sam's Club that we frequent.  On several occasions, I have gotten breakfast after an early morning diaper run and thought to myself "You deserve a treat".  Really, Chelsea?  You get to eat a thousand calorie breakfast because you popped in Sam's for 20 minutes?
I might be digressing again.
So I've joined a gym, am tracking my calories and weight on My Fitness Pal, and have committed to not eating fast food.  I'm not going to berate myself if I go over my calories and I'm not going to expect some huge, immediate weight loss.  I have 65 pounds to go until I hit my goal, which could take the better part of this year.
Rather than blog about it weekly and post my weigh ins, I'm just going to live my life.  But if you're interested in the specifics, I have posted a weight loss tracker that is linked to my My Fitness Pal account.  I'm using 252 pounds as my starting weight, that's how much I was in the doctor's office at my 6 week post partum/post op appointment and in the last two weeks I've lost 7 pounds.
Here we go again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment