Sunday, December 7, 2014

O Christmas Tree

Yesterday I finally got around to putting up our Christmas tree. It wasn't without a bit of a headache, but after two trips to the store, we have a 6 1/2 foot faux tree, with ornaments, up in the living room. The first tree I bought was black, I didn't even know they made black trees. I've seen white, silver and pink, but never a black tree. My friend Judy loves Halloween, so I thought this would be a great tree for her, alas I wanted a regular green tree. So I went back and exchanged it for a more traditional, 4 foot tree. Upon putting that one together, we quickly realized that it was tiny and very Charlie Brown-like. So Adam took pity on his wife and took the tree back. He came home with the larger tree and I was happy.
James helped me put up ornaments for the first time and was so happy to help. He also learned that his godmother has been buying him an ornament for every year of his young life. So it was kind of like Christmas came early as he has been continuing to show me all his special ornaments from Nene. I showed him the ornaments that Nene bought his brother and he was much less impressed. 
James with last year's ornament
Logan helped a bit too. He's been stealing decorations and handing them to me, which is the opposite of what we need to do, but is still pretty cute. I feel like I should make a recording of me telling Logan not to touch, might save me some trouble in the long run. Then again, James could use that reminder as well.
The tree, 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment