Monday, September 23, 2013

He's fussy

In the last few weeks, I've noticed James and Logan's relationship developing in a new way.  They seem like they really get each other more often than not and when Logan is getting fussy or grumpy, James will usually fill in the gaps for his parents, who obviously know nothing.  If I'm making Logan a bottle, James will chime in with "He's hungry, that's why he's fussy."  If Logan wants a toy, but James refuses to give it up, James will let me know that "Him wants to eat my big boy toy."  These kinds of comments happen all the time now and sometimes when I am clueless as to why my usually grinning baby is a bit fussy, I ask James.  His guess can't be any worse than mine, right?
This morning, both boys were up earlier than usual.  James watched a few cartoons and Logan played on the floor while I got ready.  When James' cartoon was over, I left the news on.  James wanted another show, but I told him we didn't have time.  This is the reason cartoons are usually not a part of the morning routine, but I made an exception today.  Logan wanted to be picked up during my last mad rush around the house to get out the door and was loudly letting me know he was displeased with me.  Then James walks up to me and says, "Mom, Baby Logan is fussy because he doesn't like the news."

0 comments:

Post a Comment