Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Almost a year

Its been almost a year as a family of 4.  Between two boys, turning 30, work, and everything else life throws our way, this has been the fastest year of my life.  When I really think about it, its been the happiest year of my life.  I know it can only get better, but even through the insanity, I've been so happy with my boys and our little family.
Logan is walking up a storm these days, he took his first steps just before he hit 11 months and hasn't looked back.  He's crawling up the steps a lot.  He startles us every time he does it, the first time he got halfway up the steps, sneaking up on Adam while he was vacuuming them.  A few days ago, I went to wake James up from his nap and while I was helping him in the bathroom, I noticed Logan, hanging out in the upstairs hallway.  He hasn't tried to go down yet, but I know that is coming.
We had an early birthday party for the little guy, right after Thanksgiving.  It was a crazy idea to have his party right after hosting Thanksgiving, but we pulled it off.  Logan enjoyed his cake and both boys were so pleased that Rhonda came.  I am not sure they realized that Rhonda exists outside of her house!
James has had a hard time sharing Logan's birthday presents.  He has never encountered gifts that weren't his and having to share isn't easy for any 3 year old.  But we seem to have moved on, now that some of their newness has worn off.
Pictures from the party:
Pre-party
Delicious vanilla cupcakes

He loves to eat

Surprisingly, he didn't get too messy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment